An MDC is a divergence adjuster designed for automated applications. It changes beam divergence from ~-2 mrad (converging) to ~+4 mrad (diverging). This device is useful in laser machining systems, where quick size adjustments for laser spots are needed. The control solution for the divergence adjuster is versatile, with the ability to change it with a computer or directly with control buttons.
The standard wavelengths are 1st-3rd Nd:YAG harmonics, but any custom wavelength is available on request.
- Suitable for ultrafast picosecond and femtosecond lasers
- Aberration-minimized design (special aberration compensation layout)
- Reduced setup time by automatic divergence adjustment
- Plug & play solution (controller included)
- Active position tracking and correction function is available
- Custom wavelengths are available in the range of 250-3000 nm
Typical Items for MDC - Motorized Divergence Controllers
||Divergence adjustment range*,
||from -0.6 to +5.5
||from -0.8 to +4.9
||from -0.9 to +4.4
* Using F=+163 mm F-Theta lens when Ø3 mm (at 1/e2 intensity level) entrance beam has M2=1 and 1 mrad divergence