Polarization Rotators rotate polarization at a fixed angle and represent a good alternative to retardation waveplates for narrow-waveband lasers.
The rotation of polarization is caused by a property called optical activity, which is natural to quartz crystal and other enantiomorphous materials. There are “right-handed” and “left-handed” quartz that rotates the polarization clockwise or counterclockwise, respectively.
As the rotators are c-cut, the rotation of polarization occurs independently of the component’s rotation around the optical axis, thus component is alignment-insensitive and the only requirement is that the incident beam must be perpendicular to rotator’s aperture.
Altechna offers rotators with fixed polarization rotation angles of 45° or 90°, including antireflection coatings for the designed wavelength. For more convenient use, all rotators are mounted in black anodized aluminum mounts.
- No need for special adjustment
- Coated with antireflection coatings
- Rotates polarization at a fixed angle
- Custom rotation angle available
- Counter-clockwise rotation by request
- Rotators without mounting by request
- Rotators for custom wavelengths are available
Contact us for more information: [email protected]