The PowerXP Compact motorized attenuator is a smaller, faster and higher performance version of the renowned Watt Pilot motorized attenuator. This device attenuates free-space laser beams (or pulses) continuously without introducing additional energy fluctuations. A contrast of better than 1000:1 (Tp:Ts) is achieved by using IBS technology coated High Contrast Thin Film Polarizer. With an upgraded belt drive and electronics for quick and precise power control, it is a go-to solution for industrial applications. A motorized rotating quartz λ/2 phase waveplate and High Contrast Thin Film Polarizer separate the input beam into s-polarized and p-polarized output beams. Pure p-polarization should be selected for maximum transmission and pure s-polarization for maximum attenuation. The intensity ratio of separated beams is continuously tuned by rotating the waveplate.
The PowerXP is essential in systems for which stable adjustments of laser power are necessary. A compact version of the attenuator can be easily integrated into custom optical systems.
Custom wavelengths are available upon request.
- Very fast open-close time
- Small footprint
- Ideal for low dispersion femtosecond and high power laser applications
- High Energy Optically Bonded waveplate and IBS coated High Contrast Thin Film polarizer optical design
- Interchangeable optics
- Stand-alone user-friendly interface controller with PC control software included
- User-friendly software interface, RS232 connection
Contact us and we will find a solution for your beam attenuation, power control, beam splitting needs. We can also recommend compatible optical components for your beam delivery applications.