The PowerXP Maxi motorized attenuator is an upgraded version of the renowned Watt Pilot Enhanced motorized attenuator. This device attenuates a free-space laser beam continuously without introducing additional energy fluctuations. With an upgraded belt drive and electronics for quick and precise power control, it is a go-to solution for industrial applications. A rotating quartz λ/2 phase waveplate and Thin Film polarizers separate the input beam into parallel s-polarized and p-polarized output beams with an adjustable ratio. Pure p-polarization should be selected for maximum transmission and pure s-polarization for maximum attenuation. The intensity ratio of separated beams is continuously tuned by rotating the waveplate.
The PowerXP Maxi is essential in systems in which stable adjustments to laser power are necessary and can easily be integrated into custom optical systems.
Custom wavelengths are available upon request.
Contact us and we will find a solution for your beam attenuation, power control and beam splitting needs. We can also recommend compatible optical components for beam delivery applications.
- Very fast open-close time
- Ideal for low dispersion femtosecond and high power laser applications
- Interchangeable with High Energy Optically Bonded Waveplate and one or two
IBS coated High Contrast Thin Film Polarizers
- Stand-alone user-friendly interface controller with PC control software included
- User-friendly software interface, RS232 connection
*Attenuation range for transmission type:
- Tmax (when open): >95%; Tmin (when closed): <0.5%
*Attenuation range for reflection type:
- Tmax (when open): >95%; Tmin (when closed): <0.5% (P-pol output)
- Tmax (when open): >99%; Tmin (when closed): <0.3% (S-pol output)