Altechna offers three types of laser beam intensity attenuators for high energy applications – Compact (CA 8 mm), Maxi (CA 18 mm) and Maxi Cube (CA 18 mm) versions. PowerXP attenuators are the evolution of well known time-tested and industry-adopted Altechna Watt Pilot attenuators – new generation PXP units have upgraded belt-driven rotator mechanism for quick and precise laser beam intensity control and also brand new electronics and control driver for more connectivity options and reliable long-distance communication.
PowerXP motorized attenuators are a reliable solution for industrial applications. Each attenuator includes motorized rotating quartz λ/2 phase waveplate, optically aligned to a single/dual thin film polarizers
or polarizing beamsplitting cube which separates the input beam into individual s-polarized and p-polarized parallel or perpendicular output beams. The intensity ratio of separated beams is continuously tuned by rotating the waveplate. S-polarized beam output can be used for high purity s-polarized beam requiring applications and p-polarized beam output for power control and attenuation applications. High energy applications compatible optics, fast rotation speed of PowerXP Maxi and Cube versions and small footprint of Compact version makes PowerXP motorized attenuators a go-to solution for power control, attenuation and beam-splitting in demanding laser processing applications.
- User-friendly software interface, USB, RS232, Ethernet connection
- Divides laser beam into two s-pol and p-pol beams of adjustable intensity ratio
- Low dispersion for ultrashort and high energy laser pulses
- Ideal for integration in other systems
- Time between min and max attenuation less than 0.2 sec
*Attenuation range for transmission version:
- Tmax (when open): >95%; Tmin (when closed): <0.5%
*Attenuation range for reflection version:
- Tmax (when open): >95%; Tmin (when closed): <0.5% (P-pol output)
- Tmax (when open): >99%; Tmin (when closed): <0.3% (S-pol output)
*Optional attenuation range for cube version:
- Tmax (when open): >95%, Tmin (when closed): <0.5% at P-pol output