News and events
Group delay dispersion measurements
Four measurement modes are available:
1. 0° Angle of Incidence (AOI) in Reflection
2. 5° - 70° AOI in Reflection
3. 0° -70° AOI in Transmission
4. Mirror pair measurement with variable AOI (6° -54°)
Measurement report includes Group Delay and Group Delay Dispersion curves for s and p polarizations, user also could select to show third and fourth order dispersion curves on the graph.
For more details about Altechna metrology services please visit www.altechna.com/metrology.
Altechna products at FindLight
At www.findlight.net platform you may find Altechna‘s laser related components and solutions for laser manufacturers, industrial clients and R&D labratories.
New ‚In Stock Optics‘ look – more ways to order stock optics
Updated e-shop offers a wide range of laser optics directly from stock:
- Optical components: dielectric coated optics, lenses, prisms, filters, axicons, uncoated optical windows, metallic coated optics, non polarizing beamsplitter cubes.
- Polarization optics: waveplates, Brewster type thin film polarizers, broadband thin film polarizers, polarizing cubes, S-waveplate, Glan type and other polarizers.
- Laser and nonlinear crystals: Ti:Sapphire, Nd:YVO4, BBO, KDP and other crystals.
- Laser accessories: beam expanders and other products.
All products are inspected in Altechna metrology laboratory and fits ISO 9001:2008 quality standards. Moreover all stock items are listed live and available in real time.
From now on In Stock Optics offers more convenient shopping policy:
- Order online or via email 24/7.
- Worldwide dispatch within 1 week or less.
- Secured payment with Paypal, Mastercard and Visa.
- All products have defect free warranty.
For more information please contact [email protected]
A quick guide on how to choose laser crystal cut
When choosing laser crystals one has to decide which crystal cut to use, i.e. how the end faces of the crystal will be cut. Generally, there two different cuts are used in laser crystals: right-angle cut and Brewster-angle cut.
Fig. 1. Right-angle cut (a.) and Brewster-angle cut (b.) of Ti:Sapphire laser crystal. L stands for crystal length.
Figure 1 shows the visual difference between the two cuts in Titanium doped sapphire crystals: right-angle cut has the polished ends perpendicular to the axis of propagation of light; whereas Brewster-angle cut crystals are at Brewster’s angle between the normal vector of the polished face and axis of light input. In the figure this angle is 60.4°. For laser beam propagation from air to laser crystal (with refractive index n), Brewster’s angle is defined as θB=arctan(n). At Brewster’s angle, the surface reflectance is zero for the light with polarization inside the plane defined by the direction of light propagation and the normal to the surface (also defined as p-polarized light).
Right-angle cut is easier to manufacture than Brewster-angle cut, however it leads to higher resonator losses. It is convenient for application of anti-reflective, high reflection or partial reflecting coatings, but is not very useful in high power, especially short-pulse, applications. Coatings applied to the crystal usually have lower damage threshold than uncoated Brewster-angle cut crystal faces.
Brewster-angle cut is used to eliminate reflection losses, increase polarization contrast, avoid formation of parasitic pulses in ultra-short pulse oscillators or even induce negative dispersion. Brewster cut faces are left uncoated in order to increase damage threshold of the surface. Reflection loss of p-polarization is Brewster-angle cut crystals is zero.
Brewster-angle cut crystals are more expensive than right-angle cut crystals because the former require more raw material to get the same crystal length L.
Table below summarizes the differences between the two cuts
|Right-angle cut||Brewster-angle cut|
|Laser induced damage threshold||Lower, if dielectric coatings are applied||Higher|
|Reflection losses||Higher, if no AR coatings are applied||Zero reflection losses for p-polarized light|
|Other||Additional recurring repolishing/
recoating costs due to damaged
coatings over time
|Astigmatism induced under high average
As a rule of thumb, right-angle cut crystals are often chosen when the applications require cost effective solution and when the aim of application isn’t to get the maximum output of lasing power, whereas Brewster-angle cut crystals are chosen when the application is to get maximum power output keeping in mind that the polarization of pumping laser has to be parallel to the plane of incidence of the laser crystal for best results.
Altechna - 18 years in photonics
Altechna is a supplier of laser related products and solutions, specializing in the following key activity fields:
- Laser related components.
- Distribution of well-known photonics industry brands in local markets.
- R&D solutions in laser micromachining.
- Manufacturing of laser related components.
- Quality assurance and measurements to guarantee the highest quality.
Our products and solutions are based on added value for the customer:
- Highly qualified sales staff dedicated to specific geographic regions.
- Aim to build long lasting relationship with our customers.
- Each product is shipped only after passing meticulous quality control department.
- Growing number of standard products available from stock.
- Experience in providing customized products for customers in various fields. o Focused growth of company group allows to provide diverse added value solutions.
We hope that you may be interested in our products, solutions, services and possibility to work with us.
Tradeshows and events
Life Sciences Baltics 2014
Visit Altechna at Life Sciences Baltics 2014 exhibition, stand no.S7-S8.
More information about the event: www.lsb2014.com
China International Optoelectronics Expo
Altechna will be exhibiting at booth 9I48 and presenting its latest solutions in laser optics and optomechanics. To arrange a meetign please contact [email protected]
CIOE 2014 will be held at the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center. More information about the event: www.cioe.cn
International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication
Visit our stand C1 or contact us to arrange the meeting [email protected]
Official event website: www.lpm2014.org
Official event website: www.optatec-messe.com
PHOTONICS. WORLD OF LASERS AND OPTICS'2014
We would like to invite you to meet us at stand no. 71C13.
Fore more details please visit official exhibition website.